WHAT IS EMBRYO TRANSFER (ET)?
We can breed your embryo donor mare (the posh mare) and 8 days later we flush the early embryo from her uterus and transfer it by non-surgical embryo transfer (ET) into the healthy uterus of a recipient (surrogate) mare.
ADVANTAGES OF ET:
- Breed your mare while she competes
- Walk in ET service available (AI your mare at home)
- Shipped embryo service available
- Produce more than one foal per year
- Use different stallions in the same season
- Transfer the embryo from an old uterus to a young uterus
- Freeze embryos when it suits you and transfer them later
- Freezing embryos can reduce recipient mare management costs
- Freeze spare embryos
- Buy a frozen embryo
- Provide your own recipients or use EquiBreed recipients
DISADVANTAGES OF ET:
- It is expensive
- The procedure and management requires great expertise
- Competition mares are prone to overheating so avoid Dec-Jan
WHAT RESULTS CAN WE EXPECT FROM ET?
• Embryo recovery rate depends on the fertility of the mare and stallion
• More than 80% embryos survive after transfer
• Our embryo packages allow up to 3 cycles per pregnancy
• Frozen embryos produce > 60% pregnancy rate after transfer